Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mew Gallery Wish List #1...CREEPY COOL

It's a rainy Thursday here in Philadelphia and I'm working at Mew Gallery.
As everyone knows, I love this store! I'm here all the time, even when I'm not behind the counter.
There are so many great items in the store and new stuff coming in all the time. I discover treasures every time I am here, so I've decided to compile a series of wish-lists...

#1 CREEPY COOL

















*Designs by Nguyen Le-
hand felted eyeball earrings...$26
I've been "eying" these earrings ever since I first stepped foot in Mew. I love the colors (even though I'm a brown eyed girl) and they are the perfect size. These earrings are super well made and I can think of several outfits that these would perfectly accent.














*Big Art Show-
Asbury Park postcards...$10
I'm a jersey girl and have a fondness for Asbury Park, naturally. I've seen countless shows and have some good memories from this great and historic town. If you are familiar with the area, you are no doubt aware of the "changes" that have taken place over the years...most noticeably, the demolition of the buildings that were once the "face" of Asbury Park. These postcard images are haunting and I don't think I'd ever actually mail them out. My favorite image is of the wreckage of the Palace Amusements Building. I actually wanted it in a print, but they're all sold out, my bad for not snatching one the 10 million times I saw it.


*Melissa Crotty-
Pill Box...$25
I could not be more obsessed with these! Featuring detached body parts, legs, doll heads, wings, birds, I don't know which one to choose as my favorite. All handmade, one of a kind, and so fantastically finished!










*Tony Pregiato-
X-ray night light...$20
A favorite item of doctors, dentists, med students, and ME. Sometimes I'm not a fan of the dark, so I'd actually use a night light if I had one. I've never seen a cool "adult" night light before (not that I've actually looked). You wouldn't even know that I was afraid of the dark, I could totally pass it off like I'm just weird and like x-rays. My favorite was of a ferret, he had surgical scissors poking out of him, it was the creepiest! I just got some x-rays of my foot, wonder if Tony makes custom night lights? oooo, I'll have to look into that!















*Jessica Rodgers-
"Fish Fight" Print...$20
Color pencil illustration of creepy, long-necked beauties dancing. They have elaborate hairdos. It's also got a candelabra and fancy chairs!


*Girls Can Tell-
Heart Diagram Tote...$18
I like diagrams, who doesn't?! Ever wonder what the specific valves of the heart are and where said valves are located? This hand-drawn and hand-printed image gives you all the specifics. GCT has committed to printing a new diagram a week in '09. (My real favorite is an oldie but goodie, the sewing machine!) Printed on a 100% natural eco bag (fair trade and fair labor)! Perfect for shopping, I like to put my groceries in totes now...plastic is soooo out!




Now, there's a lot more where this came from, so hold tight...I can't include everything is the first list! I don't think I can commit to making all of my lists "themed" but I thought it was a good place to start!
Stop by 906 Christian St to see these "creepy cool" items and even compile a list of your own if you want! It's fun!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

allison o. said...

great idea. I love the eyeball earrings. My photos are selling there now, too. I dropped them off on Thursday. Good Halloween shopping list.