Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September Update

Okay it's the middle of September and I've already committed to several shows for the upcoming holidays in November and December. Believe it or not I've been sewing all summer long to start preparations!
Even though I say every year that I'm going to do that, this year I ACTUALLY DID! Soooo smart!

I've been playing with new materials...vintage earrings, brooches, buttons and belt buckles, turning them into awesome hair clips and headbands. I've definitely been wanting to put this together for a while since I've been sitting with all these materials for years. I finally made the time to work on them and I'm pretty satisfied with the results! Check 'em out, friends.

Vintage Brooches, Earrings, Buttons, and Belt Buckles on Alligator Hair Clips

Vintage Earrings on Bobby Pins

Vintage Brooches, Earrings, Buttons, and Belt Buckles on Headbands


I also whipped up some card wallets made with vintage fabrics and complimentary buttons. Simple, but charming, and practical. My girlfriend and my roommate (two completely different styles/lifestyles) have each been carrying them for months now. Oh and thanks Amanda for gifting me with a lot of the material incorporated in these wallets.

Card Wallets


Also picked up some shutters at various thrift stores in the area and gave 'em some coats of turquoise paint!
These are going to be great displays for my upcoming shows!


I'll be posting my show schedule coming up in the next month or so and any other previews of the new merchandise I'll have available!
xo Amber





No comments: